In March, Olivier Vandenbalck, ON4EI, was active for the CQ World Wide WPX SSB Contest. He operated from a temporary station which he sets up on a hill in Tipperary. While he was there, various club members visited to assist with the putting together of the station. During a break in the work, Andy, EI5JF was able to get some video footage of the station.
Olivier ON4EI, is back again in Ireland from 18th to 28th March 2018 to operate during the CQ WPX SSB contest. He will be using EI7T for the duration of the contest.
Olivier is running contests in Low Power/Single Op SSB category using mainly green energy with his temporary ‘Field Day like’ antenna park setup.
- Inverted L 16m V/24m H monopole for 160 & 80m + 32 radials.
- Inverted V dipole for 160-80m-40m bands.
- 80m long beverage RX antenna East-West directional.
- Spiderbeam & Mosley TA33Jr antennas for 20/15/10m bands.
- Transceivers: 2 x Elecraft K3 + P3 SO2R 100W.
- 500Ah battery bank + 180W solar panel and 400W wind generator.
You can follow this one-man expedition on qrz.com or meet him on the air.